- Don’t use your water heater for an hour or so before measuring the beginning temperature.
- Using a thermometer at the tap farthest from the water heater, check the temperature of water. If it is anything but between 120°-140°, proceed to set the ideal water heater temperature.
- If you have a gas water heater, simply turn the temperature dial located on the front of the gas control valve to 120°.
- If you have an electric water heater, follow these steps.
- Turn off the water heater breaker and remove access panel/s of heating element/s.
- Pull and remove the insulation and plastic cover to expose the heating thermostat.
- Using an appropriate screwdriver, turn the thermostat adjusting screw and set it to 120°.
- Put back the plastic cover, insulation, and access panels.
- Turn on the power supply.
- Now, for both the types of water heaters, wait for a couple of hours and measure the temperature of water from the farthest faucet again.
- Make sure you have achieved the ideal water heater temperature. If you haven’t, repeat the process or call our professional water heater installers.
Until it stops working or is suddenly facing a serious issue, we all tend to ignore our water heaters. But, what can be worse than too cold or scalding hot water from your water heater? No other defect, I am sure! Even after proper hot water tank installation, after a few years, your water heater can stop giving hot water. Too cold water can result in bacteria growth in water while hot water is harmful in several ways. So what is the ideal water heater temperature? You must set your water heater at 120°-140° for comfortable water use. This ideal water heater temperature helps in controlling the overall utility bills of your house and also increases the efficiency of the heater. Let’s look at how you can set the ideal water heater temperature on your own.
Hot water is a home necessity for daily comfort and convenience. You rely on your water heater for activities such as cooking, cleaning, and bathing. When your water heater is inefficient or inconsistent, it can cause difficulty completing these tasks and affect your daily schedule, as well as raise your monthly utility costs.
Let’s take a look at a few advantages of a professional water heater installation.
Whether you have a water heater that’s a jerk or you have a faulty water heater, Hot Water Tank Edmonton, is the right place when it comes to picking up the right water tank heater.
If you don’t have a water heater at your home or if you are thinking about getting a new water heater, then you have to keep lot of factors and points in mind in order to get a water heater that is best suited for your needs. Many people are in a habit of choosing a water heater on the recommendation of their friends and relative and they often end up buying a heater that is small or big according to their use. Hot water tank installation cost Edmonton professionals are the right people to contact if you are planning to get yourself a new water heater, as they suggest you a model after inspecting your needs and requirements. In this article, we are going to show you the options that you have in the market and what are the factors that you must consider before finalizing a model.
There are two main types of water heaters available in the market. The first one is the conventional type water heater with a large tank to store up the water and the other one in a tankless water heater that does not have any tank. You also have an option to go for a solar type water heater that uses suns energy to heat up the water.
Before you go to the market and look for the option, you need to consider the fuel type that you are looking for. If you have a gas supply at the home, then it would be better to go for the gas option. Energy efficiency matters a lot when you select the water heater as it is equipment that you use all year round and you need to make sure that you have selected the model that is very efficient and helps you save on the energy annually. You also have to give importance to the size of the water heater as if you are going to get a water heater that is too small for your requirement, then you will end up switching it on for longer durations and it will consume more energy than required.
You must keep in mind the hot water tank installation cost Edmonton before you choose the model. The best way to find a right deal is by contacting the professionals as they guide you in the best possible way. Factors like annual operating cost and energy efficiency and size must be kept in mind before choosing the water heater.